Tuesday 30 November 2010

Back?

A little piece of writing that I wrote back in 2006.
Beautiful words from the heart, who knows what was going through my head at the time.
Enjoy
Dre.

And I gave you sun,
So that you could shine endlessly
And without shame.

And I gave you darkness,
So that you could rejoice upon the grief
Within Yourself.

And I gave you solitude,
So that you would appreciate
The warmness of your body.

And I gave you wings,
Not to fly,
But to protect your soft features
From the rain.

Then I gave you space,
So that you could own the world
For a day.

Then I gave you cold,
So that you could enjoy the snow
Melting on your skin.

And after giving you all you've ever wanted,
I gave you freedom,
So that you could choose your destiny,
And then...
You came back to me.

DrE - dnklschwrz / 06



1 comment:

professor matti said...

heartfelt and sincere...and i like the imagery, from the abstract to the visceral...good work :)