Sunday 7 December 2008

LOS... Yes, Laugh out Silently

I realized that I had not made a comment for quite a while, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to contribute to my previous archives.

Besides the usual, life seems to be going alright. I mean, it's not exactly the shit at the moment, because of all the chaos risen by exam time, but you know, it could definitely be a lot worse. At the moment I happen to be waiting for a bus that will take me all the way to London to visit the rents and to "study" for my upcoming cell molecular biology exam. Let's see how that actually goes... So, this past few weeks, supposedly meant for studying, have been deeply dedicated to catch up on sleep and regain energy to waste it again on something not exactly useful, such as staying up on a Tuesday night for no apparent reason. This has actually become quite the routine, but I will not complain, for it has brought me many laughs.

I have been living with a friend for about 2 and a half months already and everything seems to be going great. We "study" together (well, she studies on behalf of both of us, I just do w/e else catches my attention), we cook together, we watch the Food Network together! It's awesome. We even share something very important: Our opinion about men. Don't get me wrong, I <3 Men, but fuck, some of them make you want to go: Hmmm..., DUH!? My first male epiphany of the day will be Bombo (For purposes bigger than my intentions, I have decided to assign each one of the following individuals an appropriate nickname that would only be understood by those worthy of divine knowledge. Well, not really, I just don't want to feed their ego for no reason. You see the thing about this men is that they actually do not understand when you are insulting them; they think you are given them some sort of a hidden complement in your words. So yeah...)

1. Bombo

Have you ever been approached by one of those male specimens who is absolutely convinced he is the owner of the last pennis on earth? I HAVE! Bombo is by far the best example I can possibly think of at the moment. Surprisingly enough, I do not have enough fingers to count the endless occasions that I have had the misfortune to share air with individuals of these kind.
This story starts about a month ago, when nature called while being under the influence of a few beers. As I had concluded my business, I was heading back to the club patio to meet my friends, who by the way happened to be very well surrounded (For clarification purposes, they were conversing with some Argentinians; for the record, I have a HUGE fetish for Argentinians).

Suddenly, an entity of unknown nature grabbed me by the arm and made verbal contact with me. This so-called male asked me if I spoke Spanish, to which I replied affirmatively. Without saying anything else, he asked me what I was doing at a Brazilian bar, since I was not Brazilian. After scanning this engender from head to toe, I simply replied that I was not aware of any prohibition laws that stopped me from going to ethnically-influenced places, which did not reflect my cultural background in anyway. I don't think he understood that I was CLEARLY mocking the stupidity of his words but anyway... To fast forward the story, he dared to demand my number. Yes, Demand I said. He did not ask, he did not blackmail me, he did not even attempt to convince me!

To his request I had the pleasure of saying NO! After hearing the way this melodious sound echoed against my guts I felt relieved. After that, the story turns fuzzy, for I met a charming specimen who happens to be driving me up the wall at the moment, in a good way though. Way too good for my own taste anyway. I forgot about Bombo, until a few weeks later, when he kind of re-appeared in my life, in a rather indirect way. The victim now: My roommate -LOS!.

How did this happen? That question is still unanswered. We simply do not know how he ended up persuading her into giving him her number, and how I ended up saving it onto his phone... No one knows! To make the story short, this dude ended up showing up at my house, for what we thought would be a fun night (totally unplanned, but whatever)

No comments: